Tuesday, May 07, 2013

BC Election Takes Me Back

Hendrix.  Magic mushrooms.  NDP candidates denounced as Chinese commies.  Man it brings back the old days....   Except that when I was coming of age the whole "NDPer is a commie!" ploy had already gone stale.  The Vander Zalm SoCreds had already retired  it from their playbook.  But wait!  This isn't the early 70s anymore, starchild,  its 2013 and its the B.C. Liberals  throwing down that card.  Does that mean that the more things change the more they remain the same, or that the more things remain the same the more they remain the same?  Anyway, stay classy Christy Clark.

3 comments:

Dana said...

Astonishing isn't it?

Makes me check my ID every time I go to the liquor store and fill out the little form and wait for the suspicious, suspendered, bald guy to bring me my order in a plain brown paper bag.

What a fucked up province - much like the other 10 fucked up provinces.

With the possible exception of Quebec where people at least have an identity they're proud of.

rumleyfips said...

If I get the flutters and wtite in 2 names, do I get 2 votes?

Alison said...

Christy has rather upted the ante by putting two names on her election ballot - who's going to try for three?