Thursday, July 02, 2009

Yummy! Leachates

Is Christie Pits a toxic spill? HiMY SYeD spills the garbage:
This photo is of a water sample that Christie Pits Park neighbourhood resident Boris Steipe took from the Christie Pits Park ice rink , where the water is currently about 5-7 cm high.
[...]
At this point, the dump site in Christie Pits Park may indeed qualify as a hazardous spill since leachate is being left untreated and leaking.

Incidentally, my claim that 416 was going to block access to the temporary dumps looks to have been borne out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christie Pits is my neighbourhood and I can't tell you how disgusted I am that the city chose this as a dump site. When you consider how many other types of properties the city holds, everything from vacant lots to parking lots to derelict buildings, why are they putting trash in a park? Joe Pantalone (the local councillor) has some 'splaining to do I think.