Monday, October 20, 2008

Dion, Interim Leader

Given that events were going to unfold the way they did, this was I think the best way for it to happen. At least now there won't be Iggy vs. Rae surrogates fighting for the "interim" position in an unseemly fashion.

The main event is going to be ugly enough. Why be forced to endure the warm-ups?

Update: Count me as being one of these guys:

Some Liberals privately suspect Dion decided to stay until his successor is chosen in part because he wanted to avoid a power struggle between the Rae and Ignatieff camps over who would be interim leader.



2 comments:

Dennis (Second Thots) said...

I'm not sure that Dion's move in any way clarifies the situation.

Aaron said...

I was winding up to say some really bad things about the party today, but then I listened to Dion talk about it and I felt a bit better (better but still angry). Dion's a good guy, a team player and a good Liberal and I don't see how it helps the Liberal cause to continue to run him down, but they still are. I think the next few months will be ugly and thankless for Dion, but I am glad he is doing it for the reasons you wrote. It sets the right example. Whether people follow the example though is a whole other issue.