Tuesday, August 19, 2008

More CTF Advice For Tories: Pull On Your Neck-Ties Until It Hurts!

CFP President John Williamson is advising the federal Tories to privatize Canada Post, even though this will almost certainly drive up postal rates for rural Canadians, who currently constitute the bulk of Tory support. The Western Standard's Matthew Johnston asks:

OK, so under this scenario rural people could possibly pay more for mail, while city folk pay more for...housing, for instance. What’s the problem?

Nothing, Matt, nothing. I hope...nay, I pray...that the Harper Tories make stiffing their base in the name of "free enterprise" a plank in their election platform.

Oh these Libertarian kids...so sweet...so innocent.

PS. That's the way you really win the hearts and minds of Canadians! You hand out bridges! Plus I hear Harper has promised Quebec City a giant statue of Mitsou in a little yellow two-piece, made entirely out a locally manufactured pastry sugar!

5 comments:

A Eliz. said...

I just got bsck from my vacation and this.
That is all they need to do. I hope the governmnt is not that stupid, but I think they have been thinking about it. They like to sell off everything.

Ti-Guy said...

The CTF thinks "privatise everything" is a fresh idea? Yeah, fresh like Ronald Reagan's breath.

How's about we nationalise the Canadian Tax Payers Federation? There's a fresh idea, you public property thieving supply-side suckholes.

Kurt Phillips said...

A statue of Mitsou! Please don't tease me because I might have to consider voting conservative. Mitsou was an object of my lustful attention for years growing up. She was the only reason to watch French Kiss on MuchMusic.

Mitsou. Yum.

Wait, there was another point to this particular article. Damn distractions!

Ti-Guy said...

The only video with Mitsou I ever really liked. Classic aesthetic, naughty but oblique lyrics and enough French weirdness to drive Anglos bananas.

Raphael Alexander said...

Canada Post? Who the hell uses that antiquated service?