Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Ontario In The Bag?

Quick Link.

The five-day survey that wrapped up Monday found the Liberals at 41 per cent support, the Conservatives at 32 per cent, the New Democrats 14 per cent and the Greens 12 per cent.

That's a Majority, folks, though a small one.

The only thing I worry about is Tory demagoguing the Caledonia issue because, given the behavior of the First Nations there, they're not deserving of a whole lot of Liberal guilt at the moment. But its hard to campaign as a moderate worthy of Toronto's vote and then turn into Mike Harris on a dime, so I don't think John Tory could pull it off even if he wanted to try.

Also, 12 per cent for the Greens. That might hold on election day without them winning a single seat. Good argument for MMP (which I will probably write about tomorrow).

7 comments:

900ft Jesus said...

Tory has already made it clear that he will not tolerate Natives ignoring injunctions. He doesn't think the government should negotiate with them on land issues. This came up over the Sharbot Lake/uranium mine injunction. Hard to see him say anything about Caledonia now.

Ti-Guy said...

Don't be churlish, Aaron.

ALW said...

You first, ti-guy :p

Anonymous said...

It's over...WOW

And to think I was going to waste my time voting. Thanks for saving me from wasting my time.

The Naked Gord Program said...

Phew. I hope these poll results come to pass on election day. My politics lie mostly with the NDP however and as an autistic man on disability in Ontario McGuinty hasn't won any love from me for the autism therapy he's been blocking but Harris was a monster and the Tories (or Tory for that matter) can't be trusted.

If this poll shakes out on election day it'll be a weight off my shoulders. Would prefer a Liberal minority gov't backed by the NDP...but I was hoping for that with the last federal election so I'm not betting the farm this time.

Anonymous said...

How DARE the conservatives attempt to demagogue an issue - that's a LIBERAL tactic!!!!

Dirk Buchholz said...

BCL said..."given the behavior of the First Nations there, they're not deserving of a whole lot of Liberal guilt"...
what exactly does that mean,and what the fuck has guilt to do with anything ?
Or are you one of those types that equate doing what right as far as Canada's shameful treatment of First Nations,as some how about guilt